I can hardly control the delight and uncontainable glee at the loading up of this blog post - I am so incredibly proud of this project. :o)xxxx
The light shows off it's amazing shape and looks almost like a stained glass window. It wasn't an easy project, there were many times when I pulled bits out, changed colours, or was stuck with the shaping. But, being organic was exciting, as I ddn't know what the finished result would be, just a vague picture in my head!!
When I got the lampshade and it looked like this...
I knew I wanted it to be based on circles and not stripes, but there would be some stripes in it for the edging. You can find the tutorial (as much as it is) for this lampshade here, and I hope it inspires upcycling projects like this as Delquilter inspired me with her lampshade... remember.
So here are a few of the pictures of my new and gorgeous lampshade which will take pride of place in my soon to be revealed studio.
As you can see I added some teeny weeny crocheted balls onto the bottom edge, really easy to make but a tiny bit fiddly instructions are here. I'm really pleased with the results though and have already sourced a couple of new shades from the charity shop to make some more and try out other designs. Watch this space!!!